Frequently asked questions
Can't find the answer you are looking for? Reach out to our customer support team or click the live chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen.
What is fixed wireless?
Fixed wireless internet is a high-speed internet service for rural areas. Internet is distributed from towers across our coverage area to individual radios installed at companies, farms, and homes. Each radio typically has a line of sight to the tower it is connected to. Once the radio has established a connection to the Internet it is then sent to a wireless router. The router then emits a wireless signal in your home or business that you can connect your devices to.
What is a Survey and why do I need one?
After it is determined that your residence or business is in our coverage area, we need to check and make sure you are able to get good quality service. We achieve this by conducting a free survey at your location. During a survey, we send one of our professional technicians to do a quality of service test to not only determine whether you can receive quality service but where the best signal is on your property.
What does a normal install look like?
We install our radios on your property where there is the most optimal signal quality. We then run a cable from the radio into the building by drilling a small hole in the wall and running the cable inside. We then filling the hole with sealant to make sure it is weather proof. The cable then goes into an injector box which supplies power to the radio. The LAN cable goes from the injector to the router which supplies internet to your devices.
How long does it take to get internet after signing up?
Typically, we are able to have your install scheduled within a few days after signing up. However, this timeframe may fluctuate depending on how busy our technicians are that week.
How can I upgrade my service?
The easiest way to upgrade your service is to call into our office at 918.256.3186 and tell one of our support technicians that you would like to upgrade. They will then make sure your equipment can handle the increased bandwidth and typically can upgrade your service immediately.
Are there any data caps?
No, unlike other providers we understand that internet usage can fluctuate for every individual and do not feel it necessary to punish customers with unnecessary data caps.
Can weather affect my service?
On rare occasions weather can affect service quality. This is usually do to damaged equipment cause by extreme conditions such as hail, lightning, or tornados. If you believe your equipment to have been damaged, please contact us as soon as possible so we can replace whatever has been damaged.
Why is my internet not working?
If you internet is not working, the first thing is to check and see if everything is on and plugged in correctly:
- Device Cable - If every device you use is connected wirelessly, you may not have this cable. If you do have it then it will be plugged directly from port 2-4 to your desktop or laptop computer.
- Router Power - Make sure this is firmly plugged into your router and the outlet. You should have lights flickering on the front of your router if it is plugged in correctly. To restart your router, unplug the power cable for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. It may take a few minutes to reestablish a connection with your devices.
- LAN Cable - This cable runs from the LAN port of your injector to the Internet port (port 1 if it is a router supplied by The Junction) of your router.
- Injector Power - The injector power cable often comes loose from the injector, if it is plugged in correctly, you should see a green light on the top of the injector come on. To restart your injector, unplug this cable for 30 seconds and plug it back in. It may take a few minutes for your devices to reestablish a connection.
- POE Cable - This is the cable that comes from the antenna outside and plugs directly into the POE port on the injector.
If everything is plugged in correctly and you have power cycled your router and injector then give us a call or message us in the chat for assistance.
Why is my internet slow?
Slow internet, extended buffering times, or latency can be caused by various issues. Here are some steps you can take to pinpoint the source of the issue:
- Check your download speed by going to fast.com. It is best to use a device directly plugged into the router or injector for the most accurate results. If the results are noticeably slower than the tier you are subscribed to, message us in live chat or contact us.
- If your download speed is correct, make sure there aren't any other devices using large amounts of bandwidth. If another device is performing a task that requires high amounts of bandwidth, it can affect the speed of other devices connected to your router.
- It is also important to make sure you have a quality signal to your router. It is common for homes to have spots that the router's wireless frequency cannot reach. If you are in one of those spots or on the edge of it, it will affect your experience using the Internet. To verify your devices signal to the router, check your wireless connection settings. You should have close to full bars.
When is my bill do?
We do anniversary billing, which happens the same date every month starting on the day your service was installed. If your anniversary date happens to land on the 28th - 31st of a month, then your anniversary date will land on the 1st of the month. If you are unsure as to what your anniversary date is, you can log in to our Customer Portal to quickly find out.
How do I receive my bill?
You will receive your bill via email unless paper billing was specifically requested. You can also review all of your current and previous invoices in our Customer Portal.
How can I pay my bill?
You can pay your bill by:
- Mailing in a check
- Dropping a payment in our drop box
- Making a payment in the office
- Phone with card, check, or bank info
- Making a payment through our Customer Portal
Don't want to worry about making payments on time? Ask our support staff about how to setup autopay.
How do I setup my customer portal?
Navigate to account.junct.com/register and enter the email address you gave us when you signed up. You should then receive a verification email with a link to sign in.
What is the referral program?
If you refer our service to a friend and they list you as a referral source on their contract then you can receive a free month of service! Our referral program is unlimited.
What is bandwidth?
Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transmitted over an internet connection in a given time. It is calculated in Mbps (megabits of data per second) Also referred to as download speeds.
How much bandwidth do I need?
The FCC has a great guide to illustrate how much download speed you need for any given task. But here is a general list:
|Task||Download Speed (Mbps)|
|General Browsing, Email, and Social Media||1|
The best way to calculate how much you need is to take the highest performance tasks and multiply them by how many people you think will be doing that task at any give time. For example: if you have 2 people in the house who will likely be streaming video (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) at the same time, then you would want at least 10 Mbps.
How much bandwidth do I have?
The easiest way would be running a speed test by going to fast.com. If your speeds do not match the plan you are paying for, please let us know and we will get to the bottom of the issue.
Get in touch
Our support staff is standing by to help you with whatever you may need. Use the contact information below or click the chat bubble in the lower left hand corner of the screen.